Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lake 22 ~ 5.4 miles

As my brother stated "I have fulfilled my yearly hiking obligation" I can put him on the calendar in the year 2011 for the next one. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich wasn't sufficient enough so per his request, he got ham and swiss for lunch.

This felt like the first time I've ever hiked with Jen. Normally, she leaves everyone in the dust and is gone in a flash. Today she was tired from several days of birthday celebrations which continued today with cupcakes, singing and candles on the mountain. I felt privileged to keep pace with her.

My father let me borrow his new small "rainy day" camera.....and it's super nice. Tiny. Perfect. I have fallen in love with it I think. Dad, if your knee hurts, put some ice on it tonight.

PS - I saw Pilchuck this time. The fog lifted for about 5 minutes. wow.






No comments: