I attended another free clinic at REI. Guidebook author Craig Romano was there to talk about his new Winter Hikes book. Wait...... it's not a book. It's a deck of cards! Just pick a card, and go outside! No need to lug a book around, just pop a card in your pack. All the trail information is included. How fantastic is that? The very first hiking book I bought had steered me wrong on many occasions. Directions were incorrect ..the trail was not exactly as described. You can count on Craig to be thorough and accurate in all of his books. He spends countless hours of dedication hiking the trails himself ! Right now, he's working on a back packing book which I'm greatly looking forward to. Thanks Craig for your autograph tonight. It was great to finally meet you!
Check him out here: http://www.craigromano.com/

2 comments:
It was great to meet you too, Anne. Thanks for attending and thanks for bearing with me as my jetlag made me forget words and use the wrong words. My head is clearer today -which is good since I'm back to writing! Hope to see you at another event or on the trail in the future-Happy Hiking!
No worries, I think it was very entertaining. I'm looking forward to stepping out and trying new trails, thanks to you!
Post a Comment