Saturday, October 17, 2009

Boulder Ridge Mt. Baker ~ 4 miles

Fall is here and here to stay. I finally gave in and embraced it today. I forgot how it felt to be soggy while encased in waterproof gear. Most of the adventure was trying to maneuver around water puddles as deep as your ankles. We only turned around when that was no longer possible. For some reason, and I have no idea why, but we were the only humans out and about in this beautiful forest. Yes, I finally made it to Baker again after all these years. However, I need to go back later so I can actually see it. It only stoppped raining on the way back home.




2 comments:

Mark Whitesell said...

OMG - I'm totally impressed that you would even ATTEMPT hiking on a soggy day like it was yesterday! Wow. You saw and experienced things first-hand that fair-weather hikers could only imagine in their dreariest dreams. Nice going!

Crzydazy said...

Yeah well, I was determined to go no matter what. The original plan included camping but we wimped out :O) It was a soggy soggy but fun day.