Saturday, July 4, 2009

Squak Mtn ~ 5.4 miles ~ 1550 Ele

Woke up early this morning *yawn* and headed to Squak Mtn. I’ve always thought this was a funny name for a mountain. I mean, there is Tiger Mtn and Cougar Mtn, so why not Bear Mtn or BobCat Mtn?…nope, it’s Squak! Something a bird would do. Anyway, I have new found respect for Squak. This particular trail had impressive elevation gain. A nice workout. I havn't had much experience on these particular web of trails (and usually find this type- kind of boring) But it's not everyday you see a random fireplace in the woods. Just so you know, there are no fires allowed in this fireplace. I went with Dan who finally had a Saturday off to get out there with me. Now it's time to shower, nap and then P A R T Y….. Happy 4th!

No comments: