Saturday, March 23, 2019

Coal Creek Falls

There was a time when I would hike every weekend and walk everyday (with Banda) Those were happy times. Now I'm lucky if I go once per month, black out a day far in advance and just say no to anything that would get in the way. I'm thankful for hiking buddy Amy, who has not once bailed on an adventure and who is up for anything, like changing destinations at the last minute like today. I plan and pack for a hike the same no matter if it's two miles or 10. Cant help it. As always - soul restored -


“Many of us feel a loss of connection, a distancing from the natural world that surrounds and maintains precarious toeholds within our cultivated, civilized areas. And so we bring the natural world into our homes—plants, fountains, dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, fish—to share our space with us. And we do this because it makes us feel good, perhaps not consciously realizing that what we seek is a return to balance, harmony, and connection with All Our Relations.”
—Rose De Dan, from Tails of a Healer





No comments: